Updated: Jul 24
How to manage;
- Business Continuity today
- Return to work in a few weeks/months time
Ideally we want to ensure four types of workplace occupant are kept safe and catered for:
Permanent workers with "Assigned" seating
Agile workers with "bookable on demand hot desks"
Meeting room hosts and their guests
Visitors to the building
Desirable workplace requirements form a long list:
(for the Covid 19 time beyond the normal requirements)
- assign seats 2 meters apart for social distancing
- track the occupancy by seat to make sure the floor isn't getting overcrowded
- track what seats needs sterilising so the cleaners only clean what has been sat in!
- should a permanent worker become ill , traceability of who they have been in contact with
- the identification of any clustering points in real time, so we know where issues are
- managing target occupancy across the floor
Fig 1 Seats recently used - need cleaning
Fig 2 Seats ready to go by floor with correct social distancing
- who has booked and used which spaces?
- what spaces need cleaning and sterilising?
- on demand booking through outlook, a hot desk booking system
- being able to book via mobile or desktop device
Fig 3 Desk Booking mobile worker
- who has booked what room when?
- we want to manage right sizing the room for optimum efficiency?
- on demand booking through outlook, and a room booking system
- synchronisation of the booking system and outlook in real time
- booking via mobile or desktop device or the screen outside the room
- touch screens for instant booking via rfid card
Fig 4 Meeting Room screen with auto bump no shows and centrally controlled “screen manager”
So how do we achieve that?
Ideally we want the meeting room invite in Outlook to feed the visitor management invite with visitor and meeting host data!
Fig 5 Condeco feeding a visitor management system with visitor data from Outlook.
Most visitor management systems are designed round the visitor and the reception and security experience.
To get all the visitor and host data by "every meeting room" then you have to tackle it at the source which is:
Outlook, which is enhanced by Condeco's unique Microsoft Synch product that keeps everything in Condeco and Outlook synchronised in real time.
Condeco also delivers the Meeting Room and Hot Desk booking that deliver on demand resources whilst auto cancelling "no shows" (can be as high as 37%)
Condeco has the Room and Desk attendee booking and attendee data, vital for tracking who booked and sat near who data.
If you combine a visitor management system with Condeco and Outlook you get a complete On demand agile working system that compliments the fixed workplace "sensor based data"
Fig 6 Data flow: So you end up with a data flow like below:
However to gain control you have to pull the data into a multiple data source reporting suite as per the diagram below.
Fig 7 How to collect data for your new workplace dashboard
Then you can get the insights you want that cover.
Fig 8 Covid 19 Reporting System
Fig 9 Benefits of Covid-19 dashboard
- Sensor data
- Visitor Management Data
Gives you the ultimate Pandemic Dashboard, which when the event is over, leaves you with a Microsoft based Workplace Experience and Efficiency system.
The whole process is re-engineered with process and cost recovery upsides that quickly return your required return on investment and payback periods.
So in one Microsoft based solution we now have a Microsoft Workplaces On demand solution.
The users have no different workflows so training is minimal for a huge gain in flexibleworking.
Because the perceived and actual value is there, adoption is fast.
No one hogs meeting rooms, no shows self cancel the room booking for on demand use
Outlook availability is synchronised
For HR , Facilities and Corporate Real Estate we now have our four worker type pandemic solution:
Assigned Seats that can be managed to ensure social distancing and occupancy are maintained.
On demand meeting room and hot desk booking data with traceability as to who booked what?
Pandemic management so that we know who sat where and came into contact with who so we can get back to work but manage three types of worker/employee:
Those that have had the virus, those that haven't and those that have become infected.
We have a visitor management solution that is feed by outlook, minimises reception costs that also reduces reception crowding/clustering.
The same visitor management system reports visitor data into our reporting system.
And manages any pandemic or other visitor data security, HR or facilities require.
Here's the data sources required to keep your workplace safe for:
Fixed Assigned workplace staffers
On Demand meeting room and desk users
Visitors coming to meet a meeting host
Keep a Microsoft front end workflow
Deliver Pandemic return to work business continuity
ROI from reception staff cuts and higher productivity
Other Useful Links
For more info contact us!